Monday, October 12, 2009

D-Day happened !!


Well...deployment day has come and gone. Its been a whole week and it takes me a bit to get back into the swing of things. DDay was pretty overwhelming to say the least. Jonathon and I stayed to see the ship off. Jonathon was pretty Ok until he saw the tug boats pulling the ship away. Then he has a fit. I wanted to have a fit too. The tug boat pulled the ship out of the pier and we drove to the jetties to see Daddy sail away. We saw him...We stayed and watched that boat until it was gone. A small tiny spec in the horizon. Jon tried to run to keep up with the ship. My heart was running trying to keep up too...because being away from Jim is not what I want to be doing.

James and Marin said their goodbyes and see you soon...the night before. It was just as hard and just as difficult. A bit more private and I am happy for that. They texted their dad before he left. That was cool. They will miss him so much. Usually when he leaves I see horrid behavior from them. So far so good. Lets hope these months fly by with great kids and no problems. YEAH RIGHT!! The worst is over and the best...is yet to come. Counting down till Homecoming day.


No comments:

Post a Comment