Sunday, March 28, 2010
Soccer anyone??
So...I am not sure when this obsession with Soccer started. I am Ok with any physical activity the kids do considering the cyber age they are growing up in. So many techy items they have Cell phones, Ipods, Computers, Video games...its all sedentary and no real outdoorsy kind of stuff. But James really never played much soccer. He had always played basketball. He played B-ball in elementary school and some in middle. He played on MWR and Upward. He seemed to us like that would be his "sport". Out of the blue he formed a desire to play soccer. So...like anything else they want to try we told him..."if we pay for the season you will follow thru" We paid for the season and he hasnt stopped since. He played on his High School Varsity squad his freshman year and he has played Varsity since. His # is 15 and even off season to stay conditioned he plays for Amelia Island Youth Soccer League. This year we signed up for AIY after the season was over in HS and we put him with U-16 ( his age group) Well...the coach called and asked him if he would consider playing U-19 as well. SO he is...he is soccer obsessed. So we basically paid for 1 team and he is playing for 2. Its games all weekend long...sometimes even 3 games but I have never seen such dedication from him. He likes B-ball but he LOVES Soccer. Officially I am a soccer mom...I dont mind. I go to as many games as I can. This wont last forever and he will be entering the real adult world when he graduates next year. I go cheer him on... Its nice that I am not the only one that loves him so. His coach and teammates I can hear screaming and cheering him on..." Go Haff " "Way to set it up" "Way to block Haff " "Great Game Haff"... James knows no bounds. He is strong but kind hearted. Jim and I we couldnt be prouder of this young man we have raised. He learned the game, he learned to stay dedicated and focused. Those traits will stay with our soccer kid for life...WAY TO GO HAFF....I love you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment