Monday, January 25, 2010

Its been....

...A MONDAY !! Thats for sure. Woke up Jon for school as usual. We got dressed and he was struggling all morning. Right before the bus comes he runs to the bathroom to start puking !! So here I am...kid in the toilet, dogs going crazy and a bus honking at my door at 6:45 am. By the time I got Jon taken care of...the bus had left. Not that I would have put him on the bus like that but the bus is an ESE bus. It comes to get all the ESE directly at their door. I felt terrible. So I stripped Jon down, set him in the tub and called the bus aide. She was annoyed and I am not sure how much of my "story" she believed but it was all true. Its was a crazy morning. I cant stand when my Mondays start off rough. Thats usually how they stay and this was no exception. We went to the Dr. and he diagnosed Jon with a sinus infection and he heard some gurgling in his chest so his congestion has travelled there. Jon has been congested all week. No fever, just steady congestion and I was hoping it was his allergies....NOT. Needless to say we are back on antibiotics and a z-pack at that. The dr. wants to see him again in a few days to listen to him and make sure he is on the mend. Once we got home...the phone rang.  It was a dear friend of mine. She called to let me know that another couple friend of ours lost their almost 1 year old to SIDS. I was at a loss for words. Losing a child has to be one of the most life changing tragedy any parent can go thru. It was all I could do to keep from crying for them. When I hung up....I tried to lay Jon down but no go. He just wanted to be up playing with his coins and studying his sight words. I decided to open my email and there was an email from another dear friend. Her and her husband are getting a divorce. Another jaw dropping moment. I didnt see that coming. But the military is a rough life. I guess they attempted counselling and he isnt "seeing" a problem and she is "over" it. Just so sad. So...I never got my laundry completed. I never got Jim's box out. I didnt do my usual monday things. It was a BLAH SAD day for me. But tomorrow is a new day...it has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment