Jon and our Dashund were raised together. Jon was a baby when we got Ginger. She was his shadow. She never left his side. When he was anxiety stricken and frustrated w/ no speech. It was as if they had unspoken telepathic understandings of what he needed. When he was newly diagnosed she NEVER left his side. Jim and I would comment about how close they were. As the years have gone by and we rescued our Shitzu Poodle mix from the flea market, we expected the same bond. But like most Austic children...change is difficult. He didnt like Jack Jack. That sweet dog attached himself to Jon and really he didnt want any part of him. As Ginger has gotten older...she isnt as playful and Jon started letting Jack Jack into his heart. The last few weeks since Jim left....Jon started letting Jack Jack in. He started taking care of him. He started feeding him and Ginger. Letting him out, tossing the ball to him every once in awhile. Its warmed my heart. Jon experiences anxiety at time when things at home are too hectic, or he is ill, or when Jim is gone and he is missing him. I have been finding Jack Jack w/ Jon at bedtime. I would shoo him off the bed and when I would go back and there he would be...standing guard of his boy. This has been going on for weeks. I dont bother anymore. It took Jon 2 years to let that pup into his "life" I figured he earned his right to snooze w/ him :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment