This is Jim's first holiday gone...First one down...many more to go. I am uploading pics quickly so he can view them as soon as possible. Missing you SM !!!
Friday was busy. We had Jonathon's fall festival. It started with a good character parade. Jon wanted the book SHAKE DEM HALLOWEEN BONES...So I got a bones tee from Walmart. We had lunch and then we had a relaxed day and a great afternoon full of more food. It was really neat....Jon of course didnt want to walk. Then he saw the other children wearing costumes and you know what happened. All of a sudden his bones tee- shirt totally was not cool. LOL...Oh well...
NOW....this is true in our house....WE CARVE SOME PUMPKINS !! Jim and I are very competitive about this and If I can say so myself....I am pretty darn good. Boy...I missed him this year. Marin did a great job carving the pumpkin. She is also getting pretty great doing it. James made funfetti cake and we carved. Well...Jonathon painted. He named his JACK !! How original...LOL...NOT !! But we had a blast doing this. James and Marin would have much preferred to not be home but they have no choice. I make them do it. I hope that in the end they have a nice time too.
Finally its Halloween !! This year Jonathon has worn out his costume. He just loved it. and wore it over and over again. I woke up on saturday to Jon's bumble-bee transformer mask in my face saying ITS HALLOWEEN !! Oh yeah..I did the hallo-SCREAM. He scared me to death. I wasnt expecting him in costume in my FACE. He really enjoyed this day. He looked forward to this for weeks. He was ready and knew exactly what to do. James stayed home to pass out the candy and did I have candy...take a look....
The commissary had the candy bags for .95 a BAG !! I jumped all over that and purchased $20's worth. Everybit of the candy went. EVERY BIT and that bowl is HUGE and DEEP. It was fun when we finally made it home to sit out front w/ some wine and wish these children a safe and wonderful halloween. I love to see thier faces shine. One girl came back and gave me a kiss. My heart burst. I loved that. This holiday is all about being a kid. Staying young at heart and never forget the kid inside.
So Jonathon was a transformer. James would be caught dead dressing up and Marin waited until last minute to dress up. She was a butterfly. She used and old ballet costume and we ran to walmart for wings. Jennifer her bff was a sparkly cat...and then she ran with us to buy a tail and ears. They were very cute. I put my hat on and transformed into a spider witch. Ahhhhahhhhhhhh....It was a ton of fun. Then we were out the door to TRICK O TREAT !! We had dinner with the Klines and Charlotte and Pauline came up to get some candy. We were the witches of eastwick...they put there witchy hats on too. Well...WHY NOT. We just had to giggle. So when witches go riding and black cats are seen. The moon laughs and whispers and TIS HALLOWEEN. Hope you all had a fabulous time too.
No comments:
Post a Comment