I am so proud of the fact that I have kept in touch with so many beautiful people in our 20 years with the USN. Of course advanced technology has helped my process....YOU GOTTA LOVE THE INTERNET. I went from hand written letters to over 200 friends yearly to Email and now Email AND Facebook. It makes keeping in touch, sharing our daily stories and struggles so easy. Fun happy moments, sharing videos, pictures and watching our children grow along the way. Friendships I am so happy to still have and really cherish. I just love our friends. This weekend we had a small reunion with friends from Sigonella Italy. We were stationed overseas and that really is a special time. Your friends become the family you leave behind stateside. When you return...its a bit sad and bittersweet. Your happy to be back but a part of you stayed behind on the island of SICILY, GUAM or wherever the USN sends you. We had a great time with our friends from Sig. They are beautiful people. We are happy that our friendships have withstood the hands of time.

The Rodriquez & Haffner Family
Rodriquez, Beltran & Haffner Family @ Our house
Luis and Alexandra Paredes, Luis wife, our dear friend Adriana Paredes died 4 years ago when she returned to the US. It was a deep sadness and loss for us all. Adriana was an amazing person and friend. Our time in Sig together was very special in deed. We cherish her memory and are so happy her husband and kids still keep in touch with all of us.
These are the kids, James jr. had to work and he missed most of the weekend.
They are all growing up so fast.
Marin and Kris hit it off. They are the same kinds of kid thats why. Its nice to have a friend from childhood and still think they are pretty cool. I hope their friendship continues...I hope OUR FRIENDSHIPS STAY STRONGER THRU THE YEARS
No comments:
Post a Comment